Friday 26 December 2014

Day 171-178: To Ioannina, 2nd time



The greek says you must have one so people can't put a bad eye on you. Maybe I should hang one on Thorn?




 Long queue till outside the bank


Dogs in Greece at huge and they are everywhere




 



































 


















 Kids going round the town singing with their triangle instrument





















 





 






 




















+++



 
 Open air market








 There is always a queue at this bakery



 Dried bananas

 Sweet.... 

 I love these butter cookies (Kourabiedes)

 Sinfully sweet

 Did you see a smiley face?


Butcher's shop

I like this shop but never went it... as I wouldn't be able to resist those cakes, sweet pastries etc


Typical found on the streets during festive season... feasting time!


 Chilling at a cafe like the locals do with a Frappe

 Busy Christmas eve


 
Cousin of Aristidis whom I met in Germany. Its him whom brought me here to Ioannina. They looked alike!

 Free red wine and performance below


+++

Celebrating the festive season by trying some greek recipes (not a great cook but able to get by without starving myself haha)

 Yamas! And my clean pink sock (''Christmas stocking'') on the wood stove burner

Managed to find a tailor to patch my trouser and cost me almost nothing. Co-incidentally he used to travel alot when he was young and have been to Malaysia as well.

  ευχαριστώ (Thanks) Alexis, AGAIN for putting a roof over my head

No comments :

Post a Comment